CBECC-Com uses EnergyPlus v8.1 to perform simulations and Sketchup with OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin for geometry input. Instructions and links for downloading the compliance software and the associated supporting software are listed below.
New in this version:
- Window specific overhangs and fins that can be defined in the CBECC interface for both Simplified and Detailed Geometry
- Added the ability to use the domestic hot water heater to also provide space heating, e.g., residential 'Combo' heating/DHW heating systems.
- Added partial compliance option for ‘New Envelope and Mechanical’ compliance.
- Baseline window (vertical fenestration) performance is now selected based on proposed design window 'product type.'
- Baseline skylight performance is now selected based on proposed design skylight curb type and skylight glazing type.
- Updates to defaulting of lighting status for Additions/Alterations compliance. Default lighting status now tracks envelope status.
- IDF file import option for proposed case to support Exceptional Calculation Methodology
- Significantly expanded compliance report including new inputs for reporting data
- Optional user input of space perimeter for Simplified Geometry models allows tailored method lighting inputs to be utilized
- Add checks to help ensure zone systems have the appropriate heating and cooling coil types
- Add checks to ensure zones that are classified as 'Unconditioned' are not served by ventilation systems with heating and/or cooling capacity
- Add checks to ensure AirSegment:Type = 'Exhaust' is only used with AirSystem:Type = 'Exhaust'
- Thermal zones in the proposed design which exceed unmet load hour limits will no longer terminate compliance analysis but will generate a warning, and will be included in a new table on the compliance report
- Bug-fixes - see Quick Start Guide for details
- CBECC-Com 2013 v3b has been approved by the California Energy Commission for Title 24 compliance.This version comes bundled with EnergyPlus 8.1. Users do not need to install EnergyPlus 8.1 separately.
- CBECC-Com 2013 v3 and v3a can be downloaded from the Archive page
- CBECC-Com 2013 v1.0, v1c, v1d, v2 and v2b have been decertified and no longer valid for compliance.
CBECC-Com Archive Versions:Click here to access archive versions of CBECC-Com
Getting Started With CBECC-Com
Please read the Quick-Start Guide / User Manual to get started with CBECC-Com. Several example files are included with CBECC-Com and can be found in the C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\CBECC-Com 2013 Projects\ folder for a typical installation. These examples demonstrate how to assemble various building and HVAC system types.
CBECC-Com Mailing List Signup
If you would like to be notified of updates to CBECC-Com (new features, bug fixes), then please sign up for the mailing by clicking on the link below:
CBECC-Com Mailing List Signup
Download/Install SketchUp & OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin
CBECC-Com uses SketchUp in combination with OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin to create and building geometry for input into CBECC-Com for simulation and compliance analysis. Please use the links below to download these supporting tools:
Trimble SketchUp Click here to download and install SketchUp
Note: The new versions of SketchUp, such as SketchUp Pro, may not be free, or may have restrictive user licences, such as with Sketchup Make). If you would lie to use SketchUp 8.0 (free version) please contact CBECC-Com Support at CBECC.Com@gmail.com
OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.5.x (compatbile with SketchUp 2014)
Click here to download OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin
OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.4.0 (32-bit Windows Installer compatible with SketchUp v8.0)
Click here to download and install OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.4.0
Note: In order to download OpenStudio Plugin, you are required to setup a user account.
CBECC-Com Compliance Manager Software Documentation
If you are interested in using the CBECC-Com Compliance Manager in third-party vendor compliance software tools, the software documentation for the compliance manager can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
CBECC-Com Compliance Manager Software Documentation v11
Standards Data Dictionary (SDD)
The Standards Data Dictionary (SDD) defines the terminology and data model for compliance software and can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
Download the latest SDD Workbook (12/16/2014)