CBECC-Com uses EnergyPlus v8.1 to perform simulations and Sketchup with OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin for geometry input. Instructions and links for downloading the compliance software and the associated supporting software are listed below.
New in this version:
- Quick Analysis to provide faster preliminary analyses (not allowed for final compliance analysis)
- Access to referenced objects through new buttons in UI
- Additional HVAC object descriptions in UI tree view
- Report unmet load hours for both proposed and baseline models. (Previously, only unmet hours for the baseline design were reported if both models had unmet hours.)
- Add/update error checking for required heating and cooling coil types in ZoneSystems
- Update defaulting of fenestration status based on Spc:EnvStatus, for Additions/Alterations/Partial Compliance
- In Residential Spaces, set Proposed Lighting Power Density = Standard Design Lighting Power Allowance. Credit is not available for lighting in residential spaces
- Defaulting of Fan:FlowCap/TrmlUnit:PriAirFlowMax capacities for single zone systems
- BuildingStory screen dialog updates and adding of UI tree string
- Bug-fixes - see Quick Start Guide for details
Note: CBECC-Com 2013 v3a has been approved by the California Energy Commission for Title 24 compliance. This version comes bundled with EnergyPlus 8.1. Users do not need to install EnergyPlus 8.1 separately.
Note: CBECC-Com 2013 v3 can be downloaded from the Archive page
Note: CBECC-Com 2013 v1.0, v1c, v1d, v2 and v2b have been decertified and no longer valid for compliance.
CBECC-Com Archive Versions: Click here to access archive versions of CBECC-Com
Getting Started With CBECC-Com
Please read the Quick-Start Guide / User Manual to get started with CBECC-Com. Several example files are included with CBECC-Com and can be found in the C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\CBECC-Com 2013 Projects\ folder for a typical installation. These examples demonstrate how to assemble various building and HVAC system types.
CBECC-Com Mailing List Signup
If you would like to be notified of updates to CBECC-Com (new features, bug fixes), then please sign up for the mailing by clicking on the link below:
CBECC-Com Mailing List Signup
Download/Install SketchUp & OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin
CBECC-Com uses SketchUp in combination with OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin to create and building geometry for input into CBECC-Com for simulation and compliance analysis. Please use the links below to download these supporting tools:
Trimble SketchUp Click here to download and install SketchUp
Note: The new versions of SketchUp, such as SketchUp Pro, may not be free, or may have restrictive user licences, such as with Sketchup Make). If you would lie to use SketchUp 8.0 (free version) please contact CBECC-Com Support at CBECC.Com@gmail.com
OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.5.x (compatbile with SketchUp 2014)
Click here to download OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin
OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.4.0 (32-bit Windows Installer compatible with SketchUp v8.0)
Click here to download and install OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.4.0
Note: In order to download OpenStudio Plugin, you are required to setup a user account.
CBECC-Com Compliance Manager Software Documentation
If you are interested in using the CBECC-Com Compliance Manager in third-party vendor compliance software tools, the software documentation for the compliance manager can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
CBECC-Com Compliance Manager Software Documentation v10
Standards Data Dictionary (SDD)
The Standards Data Dictionary (SDD) defines the terminology and data model for compliance software and can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
The SDD Workbook is currently being updated and will be available for download later. Download the latest SDD Workbook (09/24/2014)