CBECC-Com uses EnergyPlus to perform simulations using a Simplified Geometry Method or Detailed Geometry Method with Sketchup and OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin for Detailed geometry input. Instructions and links for downloading the compliance software and the associated supporting software are listed below.
Download/Install CBECC-Com 2013 v3d-beta
New in this version:
- Upgrade of simulation engine to EnergyPlus 8.3
- Add project-level selection of Gas Type (Natural Gas vs. Propane), and if propane, whether or not natural gas is available onsite. Also related – replaced fossil fuel selections for various HVAC & DHW equipment with a single “Gas” option, which maps to the new project-level selection.
- Added ability to convert exterior, interior and underground wall surfaces to/from each other, initiated via right mouse click menus in the building component tree.
- Established new file extensions for XML (.cibdx for 2013) project files.
- Added ability to generate a compliance report populated with data describing the Standard Design model. This feature is available via the Project tabbed dialog as well as through the application’s Tools menu.
- Added calculation of roof construction area density values for reporting.
- Relaxed space area based limitations on selection of lighting control credit PAFs to allow credit to be taken when multiple small spaces simulated as a single space.
- Added Exceptional Condition flag for projects claiming credit for non-mandatory lighting controls to alert reviewers to check whether the space meets the credit criteria.
- Modifications to exclude lighting in unconditioned spaces from TDV calculations for compliance.
- Updates to defaulting mechanism to overwrite values from SpaceFunctionDefaults with Standard Design default values when SpaceFunction is defined locally.
- Updates to example models based on the ‘Small Office’ prototype to fix the Attic space polygon.
- Added ability to simulate hot-water indirect fired, single-effect absorption chillers.
- Added ability to simulate waterside economizer heat exchangers.
- Revision of baseline multi-zone system supply fan sizing to be based on the ‘Coincident’ zone load.
- Addition of two new AirSystem control methods, ‘FixedDualSetpoint’ and ‘ScheduledDualSetpoint’. These allow discharge air temperature to float between two limits, as opposed to controlling to a constant setpoint.
- Allow specifying priority HVAC equipment serving a thermal zone (if primary and ventilation systems are different).
- Update of residential ventilation modeling methodology. Ventilation must now be modeled as defined in the proposed design. If the proposed design uses forced (fan-driven) ventilation, the baseline ventilation system is an exhaust fan system. If the proposed design uses natural ventilation, the baseline ventilation is also natural.
- Add check and warning to notify users of E+ bug for primary pump control for primary/secondary systems with more than one piece of primary equipment.
- Add support for cycling of AirSystems.
- Enable Optimum Start control for all Air Systems (excluding Exhaust Systems).
- Added checks that exterior walls, roofs and exterior floors meet mandatory u-value requirements. Modified demising wall requirements and standard model constructions.
- Added checks on mandatory duct insulation for all air systems.
- Added efficiency modifiers for air systems that meet the criteria in Section 140.4(l) that will not be tested for duct leakage
- Allow inclusion of water heaters in non-HVAC compliance paths through use of an Exceptional Condition flag.
- Mixed use residential and nonresidential buildings now have separate baseline water heating systems.
- Added input for number of dwelling units at each space to improve residential water heating system calculations.
- Added a multiplier to SHW Fluid Systems that would typically be used for individual residential units that have identical SHW Systems.
- Bug-fixes - see Quick Start guide
- CBECC-Com 2013 v3d-beta has not been approved by the California Energy Commission for Title 24 compliance.
- This version comes bundled with EnergyPlus 8.3. Users do not need to install EnergyPlus 8.3 separately.
- CBECC-Com 2013 v3d-beta is not compatible with Windows Operating System XP or earlier
Download/Install CBECC-Com 2013 v3c
New in this version:
- Added explicit model of residential type split systems, selected as zone system of type SZAC or SZHP. Includes new inputs and checks for 2015 single-phase, <65kBtu/hr efficiency requirements.
- Added reporting of baseline system sizing ratios for heating and cooling coils (listed in zb HVACSecondary.csv file)
- Added display of minimum efficiency values for water heaters.
- Added multipliers on water heaters.
- Added checkbox to indicate and allow process spaces to not have process exhaust systems.
- Added checkboxes to allow bypassing mandatory efficiency checks on individual heating and cooling coils.
- Revised rules to enable support for water-source AC (no heat pump) units as a zone system, and connection of ChilledWater and HotWater coils to condenser water loops.
- Bug-fixes - see Quick Start Guide for details
- CBECC-Com 2013 v3c has been approved by the California Energy Commission for Title 24 compliance. This version comes bundled with EnergyPlus 8.1. Users do not need to install EnergyPlus 8.1 separately.
- CBECC-Com 2013 v3c is not compatible with Windows Operating System XP or earlier
Getting Started With CBECC-Com
Please read the Quick-Start Guide / User Manual to get started with CBECC-Com. Several example files are included with CBECC-Com and can be found in the C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\CBECC-Com 2013 Projects\ folder for a typical installation. These examples demonstrate how to assemble various building and HVAC system types.
Download/Install SketchUp & OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin
CBECC-Com uses SketchUp in combination with OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin to create and building geometry for input into CBECC-Com for simulation and compliance analysis. Please use the links below to download these supporting tools:
Trimble SketchUp Click here to download and install SketchUp
Note: The new versions of SketchUp, such as SketchUp Pro, may not be free, or may have restrictive user licences, such as with Sketchup Make). If you would lie to use SketchUp 8.0 (free version) please contact CBECC-Com Support at CBECC.Com@gmail.com
OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.5.x (compatbile with SketchUp 2014)
Click here to download OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin
OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.4.0 (32-bit Windows Installer compatible with SketchUp v8.0)
Click here to download and install OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.4.0
Note: In order to download OpenStudio Plugin, you are required to setup a user account.
CBECC-Com Compliance Manager Software Documentation
If you are interested in using the CBECC-Com Compliance Manager in third-party vendor compliance software tools, the software documentation for the compliance manager can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
CBECC-Com Compliance Manager Software Documentation v12
Standards Data Dictionary (SDD)
The Standards Data Dictionary (SDD) defines the terminology and data model for compliance software and can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
Download the latest SDD Workbook (07/03/2015)