CBECC-Com uses EnergyPlus to perform simulations using a Simplified Geometry Method or Detailed Geometry Method with Sketchup and OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin for Detailed geometry input. Instructions and links for downloading the compliance software and the associated supporting software are listed below.
New in this version:
- Added explicit model of residential type split systems, selected as zone system of type SZAC or SZHP. Includes new inputs and checks for 2015 single-phase, <65kBtu/hr efficiency requirements.
- Added reporting of baseline system sizing ratios for heating and cooling coils (listed in zb HVACSecondary.csv file)
- Added display of minimum efficiency values for water heaters.
- Added multipliers on water heaters.
- Added checkbox to indicate and allow process spaces to not have process exhaust systems.
- Added checkboxes to allow bypassing mandatory efficiency checks on individual heating and cooling coils.
- Revised rules to enable support for water-source AC (no heat pump) units as a zone system, and connection of ChilledWater and HotWater coils to condenser water loops.
- Bug-fixes - see Quick Start Guide for details
- CBECC-Com 2013 v3c has been approved by the California Energy Commission for Title 24 compliance.This version comes bundled with EnergyPlus 8.1. Users do not need to install EnergyPlus 8.1 separately.
- CBECC-Com 2013 v3c is not compatible with Windows Operating System XP or earlier
- Previous versions of CBECC-Com 2013 can be downloaded from the Archive page
CBECC-Com Archive Versions:Click here to access archive versions of CBECC-Com
Getting Started With CBECC-Com
Please read the Quick-Start Guide / User Manual to get started with CBECC-Com. Several example files are included with CBECC-Com and can be found in the C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\CBECC-Com 2013 Projects\ folder for a typical installation. These examples demonstrate how to assemble various building and HVAC system types.
CBECC-Com Mailing List Signup
If you would like to be notified of updates to CBECC-Com (new features, bug fixes), then please sign up for the mailing by clicking on the link below:
CBECC-Com Mailing List Signup
Download/Install SketchUp & OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin
CBECC-Com uses SketchUp in combination with OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin to create and building geometry for input into CBECC-Com for simulation and compliance analysis. Please use the links below to download these supporting tools:
Trimble SketchUp Click here to download and install SketchUp
Note: The new versions of SketchUp, such as SketchUp Pro, may not be free, or may have restrictive user licences, such as with Sketchup Make). If you would lie to use SketchUp 8.0 (free version) please contact CBECC-Com Support at CBECC.Com@gmail.com
OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.5.x (compatbile with SketchUp 2014)
Click here to download OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin
OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.4.0 (32-bit Windows Installer compatible with SketchUp v8.0)
Click here to download and install OpenStudio SketchUp Plugin v1.4.0
Note: In order to download OpenStudio Plugin, you are required to setup a user account.
CBECC-Com Compliance Manager Software Documentation
If you are interested in using the CBECC-Com Compliance Manager in third-party vendor compliance software tools, the software documentation for the compliance manager can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
CBECC-Com Compliance Manager Software Documentation v12
Standards Data Dictionary (SDD)
The Standards Data Dictionary (SDD) defines the terminology and data model for compliance software and can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
Download the latest SDD Workbook (04/03/2015)